Aloha mai kākou,
Our 2019 is upon us! Our first practice is Saturday, March 2, 2019! If you have keiki’s between the ages of 8-18 who love the water and want to learn more about the Hawaiian culture, then you owe it them and yourself to come check us out.
The first 10 ʻOhana to sign-up for our orientation on Saturday March 2, 2019, will get a free club t-shirt for their keiki! That’s a $ 20.00 value and is our makana from us to you just for checking us out, ya! But you have to email us right away and say “I want Da Kine T-shirt offer”! Offer good while supplies last and only applies to potential new members.
Sign-Up now by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Nā Koa Kai Canoe Club?
- Because we are a youth only program, your child will not be competing with adults for organizational equipment, resources, or individual coaching and mentoring.
- We are a comprehensive cultural immersion program with a well-documented formal curriculum. We encourage you to compare us to any other.
- We have extensive cultural resources in the state of Hawaiʻi which allows us to provide a very rich and culturally deep experience for our youth.
- We are the only Mainland-based cultural immersion program for youth based around the Hawaiian canoe.
- Our coaches are Safe Sport Certified which is a certification required by the U.S. Junior Olympic Committee to promote youth safety in coaching environments.
- Our coaches are life-scan certified which include FBI and DOJ background checks.
- We are charter school approved for both physical and academic education
- We are the only Hawaiian cultural immersion program on the U.S. Mainland whose program
takes our youth to Hawaiʻi for further in-depth cultural education.
- We offer scholarship opportunities for our youth who are seeking formal and non-formal secondary education.
- Our programs instill a great degree of self-confidence and help develop strong leadership skills.
Still not sure…? We understand. That is why we ask you to try us out for free with no obligation to join. Can’t make our orientation? No problem, ya! Just check our calendar for our visitor paddling dates and then RSVP.