Intro to Paddling Class
Our 2020 season begins on Saturday March 7th. If you would like to learn all about our programs and the plans we have for our super exciting 2020 season and of course the opportunity to try paddling, please RSVP by emailing email@example.com. In the email, please include your name your keiki(s) name and age(s).
If by chance you can’t make it to our 2020 orientation, we have designated Intro to Paddling Classes throughout the season that allows you and your keiki to meet our paddling ʻohana. This gives your keiki the opportunity to paddle with us and you the opportunity to understand how our program is structured and operates. You can RSVP for a class here.
Why Nā Koa Kai Canoe Club?
- Because we are a youth only program, your child will not be competing with adults for organizational equipment, resources, or individual coaching and mentoring.
- We are a comprehensive cultural immersion program with a well-documented formal curriculum. We encourage you to compare us to any other.
- We have extensive cultural resources in the state of Hawaiʻi which allows us to provide a very rich and culturally deep experience for our youth.
- We are the only Mainland-based cultural immersion program for youth based around the Hawaiian canoe.
- Our coaches are Safe Sport Certified which is a certification required by the U.S. Junior Olympic Committee to promote youth safety in coaching environments.
- Our coaches are life-scan certified which include FBI and DOJ background checks.
- We are charter school approved for both physical and academic education
- We are the only Hawaiian cultural immersion program on the U.S. Mainland whose program takes our youth to Hawaiʻi for further in-depth cultural education.
- We offer scholarship opportunities for our youth who are seeking formal and non-formal secondary education.
- Our programs instill a great degree of self-confidence and help develop strong leadership skills.
Still not sure…? We understand. That is why we ask you to try us out for free with no obligation to join. Please check our calendar for our visitor paddling dates and then RSVP.